Honestly, when it comes to an Ad blocking app for Android, one of best option and our suggestion will be AdAway. It is a popular root mod filter that can be used to filter out the ads at the host’s file level, hence no extra processing power is used and your phone is literally incapable of loading most of the ads. The notable thing about AdAway doesn’t do is get rid of the space that usually ads occupy. There are other mods like MinMinGuard, are also efficient in doing this, but they are not as efficient and effective as AdAway ad blocker for Android.
Mostly, Android apps are free but they may have various ads in those apps when you search for games, internet or even read, there will be ads. There are multiple forms of ads, some may be so irritating as they never go away, flash ads will take up the whole screen, and popups at the least expected time, this may sometime lead to opening them mistakenly.
In this article, we will show you the most popular ad-block app for the rooted android device, that is AdAway, how to download and how to use the app to block ads.
What is AdAway
It is basically an Ad-Blocking tool that allows you to block ads when you browse on your Android device. This is done by modifying the Hosts file of your device. It can also block ads from all browsers, games, apps, websites and much more. To Install this, first, you have to root your Android device because AdAway is only available on a rooted Android device. In case you have no idea about how to root your Android device, we suggest you try KingoRoot, which is the best root tool and has a higher success rate.
How to download Adaway ad blocker for android
The app will be available in the Google Play or you may also download it from the third-party app store. Or you can download it from the official site.
Let’s see how to download it from a third party app store.
- Go to the web browser on your device and search for F-Droid and download it.
- Select Ok when a prompt occurs.
- Enable the unknown source installation on your device. Open the downloaded apk file.
- Select the apk file and install F-Droid on your device.
- Once you have installed F-Droid, then search for AdAway and download its latest version.
How to use Adaway ad blocker for android
After downloading, when you first open the app, it will ask for root permission. Allow by clicking OK to grant access.
- Select the download files and apply ad blocking option, the app will download and then apply the host files for ad-blocking.
- if the applying was successful, a pop-up will appear and ask to reboot your device.
- you can use this app to block the host files and you can also add you host files to the blocking list. By doing so you will not get any ads thereafter in that host files.
That’s all about AdAway ad blocker for Android. Once you have completed the above-mentioned process properly, it will block all the ads from apps and all websites. One more advantage of AdAway is that there is no need to run it again to block ads until or otherwise, you try to update the version. For any doubts and clarification, kindly comment below.